With the warm weather finally here (with a side of rain), what better time to try to make these zucchini boats. They’re easy, refreshing, and under 300 cals so you can get that summer bod going.
What you’ll need for ~6 servings:
- 6 medium zucchinis
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 oz. low moisture mozz (or more if you like cheese like me)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place skillet over medium heat with a teaspoon of olive oil. Once hot, saute the garlic, onion, turkey, and salt & pepper
- Once the turkey is cooked, add the diced tomatoes and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer
- While simmering, carefully cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and spoon out the insides. Rub olive oil, salt, and pepper on the cut zucchinis and bake for 5 mins
- Add the turkey mixture into the zucchini ‘boats’, place the cheese on top, and bake covered until the cheese has melted, or about 10 mins
- Let cool, and enjoy this light meal!
Give these a try and let me know what you think!
Yinzer Eats. Where Yinzers Eat.