Thinking back to when I was super picky (lol), I’m pretty sure 86% of my diet consisted of chicken nuggets. They could’ve been from McDonald’s, Burger King, or a freezer bag – I just needed them every day. Although my need for nugs has decreased, my love for them has stayed the same. Try this healthy take on my old favorite when you get a chance! It’s so good and you can put whatever spices in that excite you – plus kids will love them too.
What you’ll need for ~6 servings:
- 2.5 lbs. chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/2 cup fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 tsps. garlic powder
- 2 tsps. onion powder
- 2 tsps. paprika
- 2 tsps. jalapeño powder (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F and cut the chicken breast into ‘nugget’ sized pieces
- Prepare an egg wash by whisking eggs in a bowl. Then combine the rest of the ingredients into a separate bowl (almond meal, parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt & pepper).
- Coat a ‘nugget’ in the egg wash, then coat in the dry coating. Place on a lined baking sheet and repeat the process for the rest of the chicken. (I added the jalapeño powder in the coating halfway through so only half were spicy – which is why half are a darker color as well)
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins (based on thickness of nuggets) – make sure to flip them halfway!
- Try not to eat them all in one sitting like I did!
If you have suggestions on different spices for the next time I make these, please let me know! Check out for more recipes to come.
Yinzer Eats. Where Yinzers Eat.
One thought on “Healthy Chicken Nuggets”
They look fantastic, I would love to try!