I was really craving a burger, but since I’ve been travelling a lot lately, I was also craving healthy. So this is what I came up with. Give it a try! You’ll be surprised at how good it actually is.
What you’ll need for 6-7 servings:
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 eggplant (sliced to bun sized rounds)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- Cut eggplant into slices (burger sized) – place on paper towel and salt both sides. Let sit for 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F. Wipe off salt from eggplant. Place a bowl with whisked eggs, and a separate bowl with almond flour, salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder.
- Submerse eggplant slices into egg wash, then flour, then place on baking sheet. Bake for about 30-35 mins (flip halfway)
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, feta, spinach, onion, olive oil, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Shape into burgers
- Put olive oil in a pan and heat at medium – sear the burgers until complete, flipping sides
- Create a burger and you’re all set!
This was a fun & healthy alternative to a classic favorite. Plus try using the eggplant bun concept with other things – I think it tastes great! If you have ideas you want me to try, please feel free to let me know.
Yinzer Eats. Where Yinzers Eat.
2 thoughts on “Spinach & Feta Chicken Burger w/Eggplant Buns”
Sounds so tasty, I would love to try!
Please do! It’s a good one – let me know how it goes if you do!
LikeLiked by 1 person