Since I’ve been making so many sweet muffins lately, I decided to join the craze and make a savory breakfast muffin. With all the ideas around the internet about using cauliflower for crusts like this, I decided to give a good old friend, broccoli, a try instead. Plus who doesn’t like a mini bacon, cheese, and broccoli omelet?
What you’ll need:
- Shredded parmesan
- Diced onion
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Shred broccoli in food processor or with grater. Place in microwave safe bowl with salt and microwave for 5 mins
- Once cooled – place broccoli in kitchen towel and squeeze out any juices
- Combine broccoli, 2 beaten eggs, olive oil, garlic powder, parmesan, salt, and pepper all to taste
- Place mixture in greased muffin tins by creating a thin layer (like a crust). Bake for ~25 mins, or until crispy
- Pour whisked eggs into the cups (leave room for other ingredients). Then add the bacon & feta
- Bake for ~15 mins
- Eat eat eat
I hope you get to try this recipe out (or change up any ingredients to make it your own)! It’s a good one, plus it’s great for meal prep because you can throw it in the toaster oven in the morning.
Yinzer Eats. Where Yinzers Eat.